Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Spring, Robins and ART

I have been very busy with so much stuff these past few weeks.

First off-The first meeting of the ATC Live Trade in Wheaton was on Sat May 2--It was so great. Not a huge turn out but a start. I met two outstanding artists, Shari and Harriet. We clicked right away and I felt immediately like I had new BFF's. In fact after the trade we had dinner together.
Shari has consented to be the moderator of our Live Trade and started a Yahoo group right away for networking and info sharing. We are slowing getting new people to sign up and hopefully will meet them in person on June 6 at our next meet up.
Here we are from the left, Harriet, Shari, Me and member 4 and member 5 who's names I do not remember--(old timers disease).

Second --I have been trying to make extra cards to the AFA2009 get together in Indianapolis that I am attending the weekend of June 19-21. I am not sure how many artists will be there so I want to have a LOT of cards ready to trade. (this is a big step for me as I am going alone, and I get very intimidated by other artists as my insecurities come out)

Third --- I finally got around to making ATC's for the upcoming Milwaukee swap next Saturday, May 30. The theme was "May Day, May Day" and of course I was stymied by a Theme--I do not know why I do this to myself. Finally made a prototype and liked it enough to make a set of twelve. I only lack the backing which I plan to do tonight, but probably won't finish til Friday night--as usual.

Fourth --Robins--A female robin built her nest on top of the Grapevine wreath on my front door. AMAZING--Yes, my kids use the door constantly and the neighborhood kids are ringing the bell or knocking all the time. But that did not deter her--


The eggs hatched Monday and I will post pictures of the babies tomorrow.
Lynne

1 comment:

Shelly said...

You have absolutely nothing to be intimitated about with your art work. Your work is sooooo unique and well thought out, that it begs to be collected and sought out. Go to that show and be assertive !!!! Sounds like so much fun.

What a sweet blessing to have that nest above your wreath. That shade of aqua/turquoise is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing.
:-)
Shelly